Friday, August 23, 2013

Lamington Bites

Hello Hello!

Ok so next post, I'm really sorry but its healthy again.... :( i've never had to go on a a diet and well its taking longer than I first anticipated. A 2 week summer body doesnt actually happen the way you think it does... anywho what i'm making today is Sensibliss Balls! I know what your thinking.. what a gay name. I'm going to come up with a new one, how about Lamington Bites! (Amazeballs was also in the suggestion bin) I mean the only thing they have in common is chocolate and coconut but hey anything is better than Sensibliss Balls...

Now before I begin, these DO have the stamp of approval from mum and Alice. In fact they continuously demolish them before I can even blink an eye! All I can say is i hope the dates make them pay for it later....

And yes first time round I did make a mess. Dont try and do these in a blender... it DOESNT work!
Hand model? I think so....

Makes 27 and a half!

Ingredients:

1 Cup of Medjool Dates (i just used the cheap pre pitted ones because i had them in the cupboard)
1 Cup of Cashews
1/2 Cup of Almonds
1/2 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Desiccated Coconut
1/2 Cup of Cacao powered
1 Tbsp of Coconut oil (now this really is BS cause I used almost 3....)

1. Measure out your dates and pop them in a bowl. Proceed to cover them in water and make a date soup for 15min while they soak, then drain.
2. In a food processor, blend the oats and nuts until they form a rough crumb. (essentially you could use any nut variation you fancy/ have in the cupboard. Peanuts? why not?! Macadamias? Hell yes! Just don't go for salted nuts or you may end up with something funky)
3. Add the soaked dates, coconut, cacao and coconut oil and blend until well combined.
4. Take a heaped tbsp of mixture at a time and roll it into a little ball. If the mixture is too crumbly, add another tbsp of coconut oil... or two... or three...
5. Once you have all your balls lined up nicely on a baking tray, take each one and roll it around in some extra coconut. Its also suggested to use Chia seeds or cacao powder to roll in aswell.

One thing to note, you must keep these little babies in the fridge! They are nicer chilled anyway :D

Next time I promise to post something ridiculously unhealthy like cheesecake....

Laters,

Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment