Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cabin Fever


20/02/13

Its been about a week since I have written and a lot has happened! Jack, a nice american boy (with a car :P ), invited me round on Monday night to study with him first off. In my head I was like yeah right… study… pffttt. Study what? Anatomy? But he genuinely did want to study :) He spent the whole night typing out resumes for when he graduated. Well he did that for half the night until i became a distracting noobhead. The other half we both spent looking up funny Australian slang and paying out my accent (being centre of attention is fine by me). The only fault to this night was that i was starrrving and my tummy was grumbling all the way to 11pm when I got home!

Ok Tuesday there was nothing to report, except throughout the whole week Dani (frenchie) and I joined up at corepower to do our sculpt classes. So more sweat and tears there. But it truly is just an awesome class.

Wednesday nothing really exciting again that I can remember….Thursday however, VALENTINES DAY! First off, I was preparing myself for dejection and loneliness as I walked the streets during the day watching literally a thousand boys walk in and out of cafes and shops with bunches of flowers. It wasn’t actually depressing at all I just wanted dramatic effect! Valentines is such a big thing here and it is so cute! I wish Australia got more into it and that my Grinch of a father would dote upon his lovely angels every year because seriously it makes your heart melt just watching it all! Well anyway Portia and I went to the bookstore and stocked up some more on gopher gear and MN attire at the V-Day sales and received our complementary rose with delight. 

Later in the night I succumbed to a delicious dinner in bed with a soppy movie and my tin of milo (in which I ate copious spoonfuls from). 
It was at this point that I got surprised. Yes…. I GOT A VALENTINES! WOOOOO (and not just from this little cutie) 

haha… jokes… I wasn’t ridiculously excited at being included in this American phenomenom at all… But anyway Jack called up and asked if I wanted to go and drink some wine and watch movies with him and Alex and then meet his friend Maisy. At this point it was 10pm and I said nahhh because I had an 8am exam the next day. But he convinced me when he said he had a little surprise for me.. Anyway the big fricken cutie got me a long stem red rose, timtams (half a box, but still!) and a card <3. And he got me home before midnight because he didn’t want to destroy any of my hopes at passing my exam. So I got spoilt in the end anyway :)



Ok this is where the fun part of the week starts. After my exam on Friday, the exchanges got picked up by Cari’s dad and drove up to the cabin at Lake Gull! Its 2.5hrs north of Minneapolis which means it is the furthest north I have ever been!


The cabin was beautiful! We went out walking on the lake that afternoon, watched movies and went to dinner. Then we got back home an boozed it up. Lots of drinking games including kings, never have I ever, spin the bottle and anything we could come up with for an excuse to drink. 


Anyway I was a bit of a party pooper that night. I went to check on Cari who was sleeping and exclaimed, “I’m just resting my eyes for 5 min and I will be back out.” I thought this was an excellent idea and rested my eyes too. Eight hours later I woke up feeling wonderful...

Anyway there were 13 of us in total at the cabin and so we had to share beds everynight. The lucky ones got a nice warm spot on the floor. For breakfast that morning we cooked up a loaf of bread, a packet of bacon and 36 eggs in a massive cheesy scramble. 


It was delicious. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and watching movies. I also decided it would be a good idea in my impatient boredom (waiting for snow tubing) to see how long i could last outside with no shoes on... 30seconds is a lot longer than it sounds!!

We also went snow tubing once everyone woke up. Snow tubing was great! Apart from the massive starfish faceplant that I managed… trust me on rock hard snow sliding down a hill it’s not fun.

Again we went home, all had showers and then me Jaime and Javi cooked up a massssive bowl of spaghetti and garlic bread. It was literally the biggest bowl of spaghetti I have ever seen! At completion of the feast, the boozing once again began. This time we started off with some Big Bang theory drinking games, BAZINGAAAA!!!! I was a good night,  we were dancing on top of the cupboards, drawing on Javi’s face and yelling PLACA PLACA at certain individuals ** cough cough…** I even managed to wake up after 3hrs sleep without a hangover!!

We drove back on Sunday and Jack  took me food shopping. He is really sweet. I’m going to get back to Australia and be all lonely because I swear no Australian guys are like this! 

Anyway,

Till next week. Dee xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment