Monday, March 11, 2013

3 Weeks Later...


11/03/13

I haven’t written in a very long time because I have been really busy with being a social butterfly and also studying a little believe it or not! Well im just going write things down as I think of it so it may not be in chronological order.
Ok so two weeks ago on Thursday (28/02/13 -wow time has gone quickly since then!), I went out to dinner with some of the girls for restaurant week. We caught the bus to uptown and back which was quite an adventure. We decided to take the advice of strangers as to which connecting buses to take. But thanks to google maps we made it in the end. We had a delicious meal and all ate way too much. Anyway on the way home we again got on the wrong bus and had to be directed by the bus driver as to which one to catch and where to get on. He was so lovely and even slightly went off his route to get us there. Anyway once safe and sound on the second bus I realized I didn’t have my phone anywhere on me! I had left it in the other bus! I was so upset and regretfully accepted the fact that I was going to have to shell out $700 for a new iPhone… This is where I become the luckiest girl alive! So to set the scene, there is a saying here called “Minnesota Nice” basically its because random people on the street are always so nice and eager to lend a hand. Well, whilst sitting in my emo depresso state at Mesa pizza… eating away my feelings (and yes i did magically find room for a second dinner) I decided to call my phone one more time before giving up and just calling the depo in the morning. I was so shocked when the bus driver picks up and apologizes profusely for not being able to answer the other times. He remembered who I was because of our adventures earlier in the night and told me that he had changed routes and would be driving past the university stop at exactly 12.22am, we were in dinky town so the late hour wasn’t a problemo. Sure enough, at 12.23 (little bit late there buddy… tsk tsk) the bus rocks up and he hands me over my phone! I have never been so grateful!

That weekend Justyna and I went to the Minnesota Insitute of art and by golly I have never seen so much stuff in one place! It makes GOMA etc look like some modest millionaires house in comparison! I was awestuck at how old some of the paintings and sculptures were. Some china figurines and statues were from 600-900BC!!! Like what the… I cant even comprehend how they had the tools to build such beautiful things back then!

Naturally I had to take pictures of all the horse statues......



The following two weeks have been full of exams so there is nothing really good to talk about. Dani and I have decided to do a CorePower Yoga challenge though which involves the two of us completing 50 classes in 25 days (25classes each). Its going to be tough mainly because spring break is in the middle of it so we will miss 11days worth! That’s 11 days worth of double sculpts! Eeeeeek I’m attempting my first double today actually. Exercise is a great cure for boredom :D To fill the blog out a bit i will put some pictures of the last two weeks in instead.

Talk about a sporadic blog but I had the absolute best day on Friday though I must say that at least. I mean it wasn’t anything unusual but I woke up at 5.30 went to a 6am sculpt then grabbed a jasmine and almond milk greentea and made my way to my finance exam which I nailed. Then walked back in the beautiful sunshine singing and practically dancing a broadway show to my randomly exceptional playlist. From there Justyna and I met up with Dani at the mall and shopped for a good 6 hours and you all know how good a successful shopping trip is! 

I also got to play with little Sophie baby last week and also went out to dinner a few times with the girls which is always great J I need to eat all the food in my fridge though before spring break so it doesn’t all go off!!!! Argh. Oh and I saw zeyo last night! He hugged me and said “oh it must be fate” I just laughed and said “no way I don’t think so.”

Oh one very last thing that i have to say to gross you all out and leave a foul image burning into your retinas for the rest of the day is this. We had a blocked drain in our bathtub and i called up maintenance to come and unclog it because it has a fancy inbuilt plug and there was no way i could have done it myself. Anyway they came and did it and while i was in my room i heard them complaining about how in boys rooms this never happens and that we should learn how to get it out or something like that... anyway later on i went to go to the toilet and i found this!
Yep thats right.... a big fat ball of hair the size of my face just sitting there... WHAT THE HELLLLLLL! Who puts a fricken hairball that big in a toilet?!?!!? I think they did it out of spite or something because no maintenance guy could be that stupid.. That thing is NOT going to flush! Me being the gutsy one had to fish it out with a knife while holding back the repeats of my lunch... URGH that was definitely the low light of my trip so far.

One last thing, I want to apologise to the brazilian boys if you read what i said in a previous blog. Honestly i didnt mean it, i was using my creative license and well yes may have gone over the top. I hope I didnt cause anyone any personal offence.

Anyway I think I will leave it at that,

Till next time,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment