Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cold Crazes


22/01/13

Ok so I haven’t written in a few days… I don’t know where to begin! Well for a start Justyna, Dominic, Carlos, Pol, Marc and I went to see Monster Jam at the metrodome! 
It was pretty good but I wouldn’t go again, lots of hicks with their kids screaming at machines. But for the most part it was a fun experience. 
Unfortunately we got home just a little tooooo late to make it to the bottle shop so my night atleast fizzled out from there. (Fun Fact # bottle shops are not open on Sundays….)
We ended up having a beer and then going to a party in one of the village apartments but I was sick of getting hit on by these so called Brazilian’s (belle… I don’t know what Brazilian boys you met but all the ones I have are NOT attractive!! L ) and so I left for bed. Turns out the party got shut down so everyone moved to a frat and ended up coming home at 5AM.

The next day I met Portia (English exchange student living next door) today. She is wonderful! I had been speaking to her on facebook and seriously when we met it was like we had been friends for years! She is so easy to talk to and super funJ As well as that Portia and I went to Applebee’s with the brazillian girls. Again it was a huge meal but I think it was healthier…. (fettuccine with prawns??).

That afternoon I went and watched the super bowl semi’s at Sally’s (Patriots v Ravens) and then headed to another party. After having a few shots (I was the bar tender and quite good at it I would say), we walked down to Vince’s frat to drop off a hat and then continued on to the next house. We do a lot of walking around here and I swear I always sober up by the time we actually reach the party. Once there it was alright… nothing special but again I met lots of lovely people! And I stole Marc’s watch J he he he  when we left at 3.30am we had to walk around 2.5km back home and by jesus it was cold and windy. Yesterday was meant to be a record low of -30c and we were walking home in that!


However, I think the expedition home made me sick the next day because I was coughing up all kinds of yukky gunky things. Apparently when it is that cold all of the stuff inside your sinus freeze!!! How weird is that!

So anyway we decided to make the most of the cold weather and head outside to do some ridiculously immature things. First off we took out the bubble blowers. What happens is the bubbles freeze! I admit it was a little bit of an anti climax because the definition of freeze in this case is the formulation of a weird, thin, filmy thing. When the film breaks it doesn’t pop like a bubble would but it splits and so you can have two halves of the bubble or something. You can touch it and it is really weird too but definitely not worth taking off your gloves for.

The next thing we tried was throwing boiling water in the air! Now this one is cool! Basically what happens is you make snow because all the steam and condensation stuff freezes when you throw it all. Here’s a link to it, ours wasn’t as impressive but it was still awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMNSvpB9dY

One other thing that is pretty cool but pretty annoying too is icicles on my eyelashes! The steam from my breath condenses on my eyelashes and makes little icicles before I can take my next breath out. It’s annoying though when the top freeze to the bottom or else they freeze to my scarf or beanie.. Oh and plus the Mississippi completely froze over last night.

Also it was finally it was my first day of classes today…. BLURRRRRGHHHH on the plus side Justyna, Dominic and I went to buffalo wild wings for 60c wing Tuesday :D

Last but not least… I haven’t been doing any gym or much swimming and I have totally lost all my arm muscles and my legs are all flabby and skinny! Its really weird and I don’t like it L

Anyway im off for the night.

Xoxo Dee PS apologies for the 1000000000 spelling and grammatical errors... I cant afford an editor ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment