Friday, January 11, 2013

First day in the cold


Today was my first proper day in Minneapolis. I had myself some brekky at the hotel and stole a few pieces of fruit not knowing when I would eat again… surprisingly their bananas taste just as good as the ones we have at home!

I checked in to my actual apartment and moved all my gear in. I met Yein (maddog) Kim, one of my roommates. She seems really nice except she cooks some funky stuff and leaves it to stew in the fridge. By funky I mean searious weird Asian stuff like fried baitfish and walnuts… and by ‘stew in the fridge’ I mean she has left for 8days to Chicago and it’s sitting there getting all festy already. My room is going to smell like a giant sesspit before the next week even begins.
 
Otherwise, I escaped the aromas of the kitchen for the Mall of America. It was quite an adventure getting there but the black man with knee length black parker, tattoo and eye-patch (I kid you not) was delightfully helpful and told me everything I needed to know.


First off the mall of America is HUUUUGEEEE! It has three levels, includes several rollercoasters and a “nickelodeon land”. In saying its huge, I didn’t get around the whole thing but that was mainly because I ran out of arm space with all the bags I ended up carrying. To put in perspective, Chermside would be about half the size, so really Brisbane isn’t doing too badly afterall!

Other than that the day really wasn’t that eventful. Had dinner at an awesome Vietnamese restaurant and ate myself silly for under $10 and decorated my room J. Its pretty drab but it will do!


Laters,

Dee -and don't worry i wont post again untill there is something more interesting. I'm just loooooonely at the moment and have nothing to do!

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks so empty. Needs lots of colorful things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..... I will no doubt gather. Its more colourful already from all the clothes on the ground :D

      Delete