Friday, January 18, 2013

Perks of being a tourist


Ok I will start off with our tour around Minneapolis and St Paul :) no need to say anything about that. pictures will do just fine I think.
Now for Sally’s saloon on the Wednesday night (14/01/13) which is where we went as our first orgainsed "exchange get-together". So it was pretty good… we were told to eat dinner before hand and we would be provided with some snacks at Sally’s. Good thing I didn’t eat because it was a fricken 3 course dinner buffet! There was nachos, then a big platter of raw vegetables, then chicken wings, fried chicken fillets, pasta bake and something else I didn’t bother looking at along with all these dipping sauces and stuff. Sally’s also provided free popcorn! I am constantly amazed. Anyway I met Stephan (my assigned buddy) and he seemed nice but he is European anyway so not really "American". I get this weird vibe from him though… I don’t know what it is?? But he bought me my first beer which was really cool and nice of him. It was actually quite nice! No doubt because he bought me the local EXTRA pale ale. This was probably a good decision on his behalf because again it was huge and I would have been on my face if it was a premium. In the end I walked home with him and the drunkie Spanish boys around 11 which was quite funny and definitely late enough for me.

Now, onto today! Firstly I set my alarm for 6.10 but woke up naturally anyway. I was tired but I decided to go for a run in the gym and then get ready. So after an hour and a half I’m all set after having a run, a shower, a big brekky omelette, getting fully dressed ready to go and realizing I didn’t infact wake at 6.10 but 5.10…. such a dumbass but oh well meant I could go back to bed for 45min of glorious sleep.

The day was totally uneventfull and boring as batshit. But they did provide us with breakfast and lunch so that was good. The only thing I can report on actually today is the food again!! So I had a massive omelette at home, then I got there and had a tea, a crossoint and three blueberry scones. Then for lunch I had four massive (New York Slice style) pizza pieces, three cookies and a peanut butter cup :/ Then for dinner this big mama!(grilled chicken burger, healthiest thing under $20 on the menu at the shitty rainforest café). I was so confused getting it because the waitress asked if I wanted to upgrade from chips to fries. Whats the difference right??? Well chips are like smiths chips as you can see in the picture and fries are hot chips! Who the hell would serve smiths chips with a burger at a restaurant??? Its just retarded. Seriously RETARDED.

Anyway to kind of wrap up the day the business students went to the mall but Stefan (my buddy) offered to drive me and the Spaniards and Justyna (polish girl). So we all went for a bit of a shop and then for dinner at the rainforest café and then home. 

Anyway, goodnight!

Dee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment