Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gym Slut


There are two parts to this post because I have been slack. So here we go :) 

25/01/13

I have to start with a rant. So I went to the gym for the first time today to do my weights program and I walk up stairs from the locker with everyone looking at me thinking oh yeah I must look pretty fit or something still. As I walk through the doors of the weights room I get chased down by the manager. You want to know why??? They have a dress code… yes that’s right a dress code! And apparently I had breached it. No wonder everyone was staring at me!

The rules states one must wear a neck rimmed sleeved shirt, shorts and enclosed shoes at all times. So here I was in my pink lorna jane singlet and shorts being made to put on a “one size fits all” sweaty gross community teeshirt with “please return to reception” scribbled on the back in permanent marker; all so that I would cover up my “inappropriate” clothing. Hahahahahaha I felt like a slutty 13yr old at a school social being made to put on the naughty shirt! Jesus Maria if at brothers on bike/box/skip on a Tuesday we are pretty much go by a ‘clothing is optional’ ruling. They would honestly have a heart attack! Bahahaha GOD ALMIGHTY! 

Anyway rant over. I have started making Aus day preparations for tonight/ tomorrow where I am going to force my new found exchanges to eat copious amounts of milo cake that I have made, drink hot milos, eat tim tams and get ridiculously merry with me whilst listening to the hottest 100! (I wont insist they try vegemite, although I might have a slice of toast for brekky tomorrow if I can fit it in).


I also went and had a swim with Marc, the big cutie, and did 700yards in 20min hahahah poor boy, he only managed about 300! It was fun though and made me feel less guilty about not training. I really don’t think it is worthwhile training with the twin city club. Don’t get me wrong we did 7,600yards the other night and it almost killed me! But seriously there is no atmosphere and I find myself dreading to go. So really whats the point if I don’t enjoy it? Will probably just stick to a gym program and swim sporadically.. such a shame though L

Well its been a quick entry but I haven’t really done much since class has started so yeah…I just had to have a ragefit at the gym thing! Time for part two!




30/01/2013

Ok it is decided. I am going to quit swimming. I feel really bad and already feel like I am disappointing the coach even though I have known him for a week. 

Since the last entry we went to the crashed ice extraordinaire! Its where 4 ice hockey players basically spped skate down a luge course with obstacles etc. It’s pretty fun to watch apart from the frost bite and numb extremities. They actually did warn us about frostbite on really cold days!! :/ on that same night we went to a frat party at sigma pi. 







The next day Justyna and I went back to St Paul (where the crashed ice was) and had breakfast (at 2.30pm) at Cassettas. We had to walk through sleet/rain to get there but it was worth it for this beautiful big lasagne was waiting for our belly’s! 

While we sheltered from the cold inside and half slept off our hangover at the table it started to snow! By the time got out it looked like this: SO BEAUTIFUL!





 

For the next hour or so we walked around St Paul and found the Winter Carnival –complete with folk music, ice sculptures and a bar.

Despite this, again my week has been boring and I have been studying like a mofo. I do miss home and am a little sick with some sinus thing. It’s quite delightful because I sniff and snort like Aaron (from swimming, pj) does.

Oh and I bought COACHELLA TICKETS! Be jealous bitches!!

Much love

Dee
xxxx

1 comment: